Menu item SEO metal description

25.04.2023 12:07
Scrabble
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Scrabble
Menu item SEO metal description

JoomShopping ignores the meta description for the menu item set up in Joomla 4 menu item configuration.

So, I looked at JoomShopping > Configuration > SEO and added a meta description to the pre-existing first option of "Main page (main category)" then checked the page source on the front end for the meta description. Nothing.

I then added a meta description to the shopping cart option. That works.

I then tried adding a new page, giving the new Alias of /shop-and-resources/shop-overview (a real page on the site) and added a meta description. Nothing appeared on the front end.

I then tried adding another new page, giving the full URL/Alias of https://www.mywebsite/shop-and-resources/shop-overview and added a meta description. Nothing appeared on the front end.

THEN, I discovered that there is no delete or disable option.

Why is JoomShopping overriding the Joomla core menu settings for the main menu items?

Joomla: 4.2.9
JoomShopping: 5.1.3
PHP: 8.0

Scrabble

25.04.2023 12:28
Scrabble
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Scrabble
Aw: Menu item SEO metal description

I have answered the question myself.

Don't use the Configuration > SEO options, use Categories > categories tree to add meta descriptions for the pages that these categories appear on.

Scrabble

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.