Configure shipping zone

27.01.2021 13:39
elliottmondo
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Elliott
Configure shipping zone

Hello,

I was wondering if you have a plugin to allow me configure shipping ONLY to specific zone/zip codes? I have been looking through your plugin collections but am not sure which one to purchase.

The dilemma I am facing is, we need to allow shipping ONLY to specific zip/postal codes in Rome Italy. However, we want to allow people who live outside of that zip codes to still be able to place an order as long that their shipping address is within our delivery area. In case someone who live outside of Rome Italy but work in Rome Italy and want to place an order.

Which plugin would do this? Even if I have to make some a little modification to the plugin, I am comfortable with it.
I just don't want to make too much alteration to the JShop core file. That's why I'd rather purchase your plugin so that it will not becoming an issue in case we need to update the component later.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Elli

Joomla: 3.9.24
JoomShopping: 4.18.5
PHP: 7.4
MySQL: 5.6

27.01.2021 13:55
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Configure shipping zone

See
https://www.webdesigner-profi.de/joomla-webdesign/shop/addons/shop-work-countrypostal-code.html?lang=de

27.01.2021 17:46
elliottmondo

Thank you for fast response. I looked at that plugin already but that will definitely reject all orders if they live outside of coverage area. So, it's not based on the shipping address. I was looking more into something based on shipping address. If you give me a bit pointer, I have no problem purchasing this plugin then do some editing to it as well. Also, regarding the domain, right at the moment it will be installed on a dev domain (mine) while later on it will be transfer to a live site with a completely different domain (customer's hosting and domain). Will that be a problem?

27.01.2021 19:06
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

I didn't understand why it won't work.
example?

28.01.2021 12:49
elliottmondo

For example: If I live outside of Rome but work in Rome and I want to place an order to be delivered to my work place, it will reject it because I live outside of Rome. Or did I not understand it correctly? Would I be able to place an order even if my address is outside of Rome as long that my Ship to address is within Rome?

In another word, does the restriction placed on the billing or shipping address if we use "Other shipping address" checked?

28.01.2021 13:26
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

Checkbox - Use second delivery address

29.01.2021 12:15
elliottmondo

Ahhh.. great! It was my misunderstanding then. Thank you so much for clarifying it. Now, if I buy it now and install it on the dev server, would it be an issue when I transfer the site to live site? I mean licensing wise. Or should I wait to buy it until I am ready to move to live server?

29.01.2021 15:21
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

Buy with live domain
for test send me test domain.

01.02.2021 12:39
elliottmondo

Thank you!

It will be installed in a sub-domain later on as part of 3 businesses in 1 website. One part/section of the company will be selling item using Joomshopping while the others will just be company profile webistes. Do I need to register the sub-domain or just the domain TLD?

01.02.2021 17:49
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

Register the sub-domain.

02.02.2021 16:22
elliottmondo

Hello again,

I have purchased the plugin but I think I may have misunderstand it too.. Do I need to enter zip codes that we do deliveries for in the plugin or the opposite? Because I have entered in all the zip codes within delivery area and it didn't reject zip codes that aren't listed there.

Thanks!

02.02.2021 16:57
elliottmondo

Nevermind. I found the issue. I just can't select the country. Otherwise anyone from within the country will be able to make a purchase regardless of what the zip code setting. I was configuring the addon with country selected then add the zip codes below it. As soon as I remove country selection, then the zip code rules play well.

I hope this help others encounter the same issue

Thank you!

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.