Joomla Menu only list all categories

08.04.2013 14:23
olebaar
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Ole Baartvedt
Joomla Menu only listing all categories - not a certain category

Hello.
I have installed J3.0 and latest version of JoomShop. I have categories working but in the Menu set-up in Joomla it's not possible to have products in one category listed only, choosen direct from a sub-menu choice.
Set up: I choose Menu type Joomshopping and "main page or single category" , then Show: "Category or Manufacturer or Static page" and then I describe Category ID with name of category (copy/pasted from JoomShop category module to avoid misspelling).
This results in error 404 in public link/use of dedicated menu choice. Only SHOW: "All" works, but then every sub menu list the same page showing all categories, the visitor has to clik on one category here to in the products for one category.

I would like visitors to be able to choose product category directly via my drill down sub menues under my main Shop menu item

Any Idea? or is there a work around for this mismatch?

Viele Grusse
Ole

Joomla: 3.0
JoomShopping: 4.2.0
PHP: 5.3.22
MySQL: 5.5.30-cll
Website Url: http://cpanel36.proisp.no/~xoavifou/WWW13/ (developement in test)

Last change: 08.04.2013 19:57

08.04.2013 19:52
olebaar
Name: Ole Baartvedt
Aw: Joomla Menu only listing all categories - not a certain category

Hello folks.
I found a workaround myself for this issue:

Under category ID you must insert e.g : /category/view/1 ... /category/view/2 ... etc
(w.o.w. the last part of url used as link in the product overview page)

The name displayed in the Menue is the text in "Title" further down at the same setup page( this is marked with * and explained OK.

The way to set up menu linking like this, might be explained somewhere, I don't now - but it will be perfect if the possible product categories from the JoomShopping module are listed during configuration.

JoomShopping is a Great product anyway! Most of set up and functions are playing well and it's easy and intuitive to configure JS compare to all other e-commerce modules I have used since 2007. :-)

Cheers
Ole

Last change: 08.04.2013 19:58

27.07.2013 21:25
jayasgopal
Name: jayasgopal
Aw: Joomla Menu only list all categories

Hello,

i am also facing same problem but i am not able to fix, can you explain little bit more.

Thanks,
Jayas

Joomla: 3.0
JoomShopping: 4.2.2

01.08.2013 12:52
HMB
Name: HMB

1. Make (sub) category(s)
2. Make (sub) menu(s) in JShopping
3. Add product(s) to (sub) category(s)

Works fine, take a look www.backingtracks.eu

Last change: 01.08.2013 12:53

17.08.2013 20:11
jayasgopal
Name: jayasgopal
Purchase without registering email text

Hello,

When i choose Purchase without registering option.
User getting email text on (Thank you for registering at JoomShopping. Your account was successfully created.) here i want change my domain name instead of Joomshopping.

Please help me how to change this text, or where to config this text.

Thanks,

This the file path: administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_jshoppingcheckout_userregistration.ini

Joomla: 3.1.1
JoomShopping: 4.30

Last change: 18.08.2013 18:37

17.08.2013 20:46
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin

? Screenshot?

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.