Order Number Inconsistency

02.02.2021 19:37
kimballw
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Kimball Willard
Order Number Inconsistency

I've taken over support for an existing site. It was discovered that on July 17, two orders were created by to different individuals with the same order number - 00012916 (both orders were emailed correctly to the fulfillment email). Nothing more was thought about it, until the staff logged in to update orders last Friday, and they realized that although orders had continued to come into the email, with subsequent order numbers, there were no orders listed in the order page since July 17. The numbers stopped just before the duplicate numbers (the last listed was 00012915).

I got in over the weekend, and updated Joomla to 3.9.24, and also updated php to 7.4. I did a test yesterday, making an order using a credit card, and a second order using PayPal. The numbers given to the new orders were 00012916 and 00012917. They were emailed correctly, and show up as expected in the orders page.

Looking through the database, I didn't see any tables with order information stored. So, a few questions. 1 - where is the order information stored. 2 - Is there a danger of the symptoms of July 17 being repeated. 3 - Is there a way (other than using the email information) to track the previous orders, that are going to be getting repeating numbers of the next few months?

Joomla: 3.9.24
JoomShopping: 4.18.3
PHP: 7.4 (previously 7.3)
MySQL: 5.7
Website Url: https://gitzitinc.com

02.02.2021 21:16
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Order Number Inconsistency

Addon / plugin for genrerate orders?

orders [00012916] date time?

Maybe someone changed the number in the admin panel
Configuration / checkout
Next order will start numbering from:

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.