Send invoice when changing status to sent?

28.12.2022 16:29
Dingens
User Dingens
Name: Rolf Wagels
Send invoice when changing status to sent?

Hey
I am using Individual text for update order status (in email). Is there a way to attach the invoice to one of these mails?
Customers sometimes need to change their order, so I don't want to send out the invoice when the status is changed to paid. (This is the normal behavior, right?).
But it would be nice to send the invoice once the parcel is sent. They get a tracking link and I would like to ad the final invoice as well.
Any chance?
Thanks
Rolf

26.01.2023 18:41
admin
(Support Team)
User admin
Name: Admin
Aw: Send invoice when changing status to sent?

configuration / Checkout

Send invoice manually: Y

--------
invoice sended after click

Last change: 26.01.2023 18:49

28.01.2023 10:17
spike77
Joomshopping forum user no avatar
Name: Manfred

That would make sense. It is sometimes difficult to send the invoice immediately directly after the customer has placed the order. And I've never really understood why it's the way it is.

In practice, it happens that customers want a different product after ordering, or a product is suddenly not in stock (delivery problems at the manufacturer).

I do think it should be considered to include a function in which status the invoice is sent.

For example, my desired configuration would be:
1. After order: Send order confirmation and PDF terms and conditions, copy to admin
2. After change status to "shipped": Send Mail with individual text (from addon) and PDF with invoice, copy to admin, or another selectable e-mail address for admin´s Shop-Invoices

@admin that should be doable, is´nt it? also welcome a paid version of the addon "Individual text and attachment for order status" witch included this function.

Last change: 28.01.2023 10:40

28.01.2023 17:30
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

Individual text for order status 2.2.0

Added option: Send invoice
Set status for send invoice.

28.01.2023 20:15
spike77

Great! Many thanks!!!

Now an individual subject for the respective status would be great - and everething is perfect!

Thanks you very much, for your support!

PS: One question. I use your addon Reminder payment. Does an invoice continue to be sent to client after the set time for Payment-remind? I´ll hope so

(addition 29.1.: Payment-Reminder works!)

Last change: 29.01.2023 10:52

30.01.2023 10:09
spike77

Addon Individual text for order status:

Our Message vor shipped Orders includes:

Neuer Status ist: {order_status} <br />DHL-Sendungsnummer: {tracking_number} <br /><br />Wenn eine Sendungsnummer angegeben ist, können Sie die Sendung hier verfolgen: <br /><a title="DHL Sendungsverfolgung" href="http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lang=de&idc={tracking_number}&rfn=&extendedSearch=true" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Sendungsverfolgung </a></p>

How can I hide this text and this text module instead

"Die Möglichkeit einer Sendungsverfolgung ist bei dieser Bestellung leider nicht gegeben."

if there is no tracking number for the delivery available?

Because Emails with a tracking link without tracking number confuse customers, but we have shipments that are sent by german post without a tracking number. And we do not want to create another status (Shipped2) with a different text, as this would confuse our employees.

Hope for a solution. Thanks in advance

Last change: 30.01.2023 10:11

30.01.2023 19:52
admin
(Support Team)
User admin

plugins\jshoppingorder\status_text\status_text.php

$message = str_replace('{tracking_number}', $order->tracking_number ?? '', $message);

change to

$vartext = ''
if (isset($order->tracking_number) && $order->tracking_number) {
$vartext = ' text .......'.$order->tracking_number.' ....... text ....';
}

$message = str_replace('{tracking_number}', $vartext, $message);

30.01.2023 22:09
spike77

Very good, works perfect! Thank you very much!

03.02.2023 12:38
Dingens
User Dingens
Name: Rolf Wagels

Hey
Great, thanks for adding this option, makes my life so much easier!
Will check out immediately.
Also, I am with spike here, individual subject text would make life even more easier!
Thanks
Rolf

Copyrights MAXXmarketing GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website stimme ich zu, dass Cookies zur optimalen Gestaltung der Website sowie zur Analyse der Nutzung der Website verwendet werden. Weiterführende Informationen finden Sie hier. OK, einverstanden.